248. Humorous Observations in Life

There are so many humorous happenings that happen around us in our daily life.  I normally jot them down to include them in my blogs.  But sometimes, I forget and the happening is also forgotten😊!  Somehow, I had noted down these incidents and am now able to describe them down here.  I am sure that you too would like them as it is/was humorous and made my day😊!!

The other day, me and my wife were travelling in a train from Secunderabad to Chennai.  We were in 2nd class AC.  Due to late booking of tickets, we had different berths, even though in the same compartment.   Since bedtime was still some hours away, we were sitting together.  The ticket checker came and wanted to see the tickets.  He looked to be in his late-50’s.   Instead of seeing the tickers, he just wanted to know which seats are for which passengers.  I told him that we have a seat here and another seat in the other part of the coach and me and my wife are the 2 passengers.  Then he saw me and wife and then looked again at his chart.  He said seats are ok but where is the 52-year-old person mentioned in the chart as he was not able to see him😊!  I then told him that I am that 52-year-old guy mentioned in the chart. He refused to believe me and said that cannot be as I was looking quite younger😊!! I then told him that I am indeed that old and if he wants, I can show my driving license to prove it!!!  He simply looked at me and walked off, shaking his head in disbelief😊!!

This happened some 6-7 years back.  You can imagine, if I am looking younger now, what would I have looked like at that time😊!!  My daughter used to compete in athletics and I used to accompany her to various places for her to perform.  That time, the parents used to pool the cars so that everyone can be accommodated in a lesser number of cars.  In one of the cars, I was there with 2 other fathers and we were talking some general stuff to while away the time.  Now, both of them looked my age and one of them had even started to get some white hair.  Suddenly the topic came on age and I said I am about 45 years of age.  Both of them blinked hard as to what they were hearing!  I could see that they were quite skeptical of my age.  They were wondering how I looked so young when their kid was also the same age as mine!  Just to make them further annoyed, I told them that their kids were their first, but my first kid was 5 years older than my daughter😊!!   After that there was just silence in the car for the whole trip!!

Another, age-related story😊!  Last month, my daughter said I have to come to school and talk about something to her entire class.  She said all the parents are invited and were encouraged to say something to the class.  She said if I want, I can skip also and she will inform her teacher that I was busy😊!  I said I will come and talk.  It is always good to tell people how to spread happiness!  Since I call about 280+ people in a year to wish them on their birthdays and anniversaries, I thought I will talk to the students about how they too can adopt this good practice and make people in their sphere happy.  I went and talked about this in in the class.  The students liked it very much.  Later, when my daughter came back from school, she said her friends were asking how I was looking so young😊!! Their parents were looking far older than me, according to them!!  They were asking my daughter whether I was on some special diet😊!! 

The next incident happened during the same time as my train journey mentioned above.  This is also a somewhat an “age” related one, however, not mine😊!!

My wife and me were attending a marriage reception in Chennai.  The next day we were supposed to go to Vellore where our son had his convocation ceremony in the morning.  Our son was in Krishnagiri and was supposed to take a bus next morning to reach Vellore.  While coming back from the marriage, about 10pm or so, my wife called my son to enquire if he had taken everything that was required to be taken for the convocation.  Just a last-minute routine query that every parent asks their kid😊.   She also told him to come in formal shoes as everyone would be in the formals.  Casually, my son says that his laces are broken and he cannot bring his shoes.  We told him to bring the shoes and told him that we will arrange for the laces somehow.

We called my mother’s cousin, where we were staying for the night, if she had any extra pair of black laces.  She said no and that all the shops in her area would also have been closed for the night.  We then took help of Google Maps to see if any Bata shops were open along the way from the reception hall to my mother’s cousin’s house.  But we could not find any shop open at that time of night.  Suddenly we found a Bata shop, with its shutter closed half-way.  I parked some distance away from the shop and asked my wife to go an enquire.  I said I cannot leave the car alone, as it was the main road, and I have to be in the car.  She then went to the shop.

Since we had gone for the reception, my wife was in a silk saree and looked very elegant😊! She entered the shop by ducking at the shutter.  Immediately one of the shop assistants came and told her that the shop was closed and she cannot get anything.  My wife told him that she needed a shoe lace.  She said the school principal has asker her son to come in shoes tomorrow for some function and that her son is crying as he does not have a lace for the shoe.  She was so convincing that the shopkeeper gave up protesting and started looking for a child-shoe lace.  When he could not find, he told my wife that he cannot find any child lace and only adult shoe laces are there.  We wanted an adult shoe lace only!  She told him that was not an issue and she will manage somehow with the adult shoe lace😊!!  She then bought the lace and we headed back home with another success story😊!!   Ironically, my son used his existing broken lace for the convocation ceremony😊!!

Cheers till next time😊!!


Comments

  1. Wow. I am sure these instances would have made you and Jayashree feel 10 years further young. 😂👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras