460. Web-series Reviews – 257

More web-series reviews…

The Crow Girl – Came in 2025. DCI Jeanette Kilburn and eminent psychotherapist Dr. Sophia Craven join forces to hunt the killer of young men. The investigation takes Jeanette and Sophia into a dangerous world of historic abuse and murder.

A review from IMDB...

This was absolutely great! It's been a long time since a show kept me glued to the tv episode after episode. I watched this in one day and I am thoroughly left hanging with vaited breath for season 2. I'm not going to put in any spoilers, the series is too new for that and there's a lot of people who haven't seen it yet. My main reason for the review is just to give my opinion on what I thought of the whole thing. It is definitely worth your time.

I don't understand why other's have said it finished badly. Unless it's because they wanted all the answers now and were not expecting a second season. I was surprised by the endiing where it informed us with a "to be continued", only because there were no hints anywhere that it was more than just one season. Sneaky! But I'm so glad. The number of interconnected plots kept me guessing and deciphering. I really appreciate a story that doesn't give me everything in one basket, one that keeps me on my toes trying to put it all together. Dougray Scott is the only actor I'm familiar with and he's always very good. This time he was so good I actually changed my feelings towards him (for this show LOL!) I thought all the actors were good.

I hope we don't wait for long for the continuation.

My Take – An ok series.

 

Murderbot – Came in 2025. A security android struggles with emotions and free will while balancing dangerous missions and desire for isolation, evading detection of its self-hacking as it finds its place.

A review from IMDB...

Murderbot may not be the exact adaptation I envisioned, but it's still a standout sci-fi series that deserves your attention. While I originally hoped for a tighter season that combined the first two novellas, the choice to expand the world and focus more deeply on the supporting characters was a bold-and ultimately rewarding-move.

The series smartly gives more weight to the human (and non-human) characters surrounding Murderbot, which adds richness to the universe and raises the emotional stakes. Moments like seeing Sanctuary Moon brought to life? A genius inclusion for longtime fans-and a clever entry point for newcomers.

That said, I do wish the pacing were sharper and that the show leaned more into what makes Murderbot, well, Murderbot: that sarcastic, deadpan, and deeply relatable internal monologue. It's one of the highlights of the books, and dialing that up in future seasons could take the show from great to unforgettable.

Still, the foundation is strong, the themes are smart, and the potential for Season 2 and beyond is massive. If you're into character-driven sci-fi with soul, heart, and the occasional awkward robot feels, Murderbot is absolutely worth the watch.

My Take – Worth a watch!

 

Andhera – Came in 2025. In the shadow of Mumbai's shimmering skyline, a sinister force hunts the living. In this visceral tale of urban horror, a fearless cop and a haunted medical student must take on this living darkness to avert impending doom.

A review from IMDB...

Andhera is an exquisitely crafted sci-fi horror series that transcends its genre trappings with intelligent writing and a deft balance of suspense, spectacle, and soul. The show weaves a captivating blend of fantasy and horror, all underpinned by a profound social message that lingers long after the credits roll. Philosophical undertones are interlaced seamlessly into the narrative, prompting reflection while never slowing the momentum.

The plot is a rollercoaster of tension and intrigue, while a few twists are gratifyingly foreshadowed, several arrive with spine-tingling unpredictability. Performances across the board are stellar, but Surveen Chawla delivers a magnetic portrayal that anchors the emotional core of the series. The visual effects are commendable, with CGI that enhances rather than distracts, and the jump scares are well-timed, eliciting genuine jolts instead of cheap tricks.

I pressed play intending to sample the first episode, only to find myself eight episodes deep, watching dawn break outside my window. "Andhera" is not just binge-worthy, it's binge-compelling. A rare piece of genre television that engages both the mind and the senses.

My Take – An ok series.

Adios till next time😊!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 - Games - Marbles or Kanchey (in Hindi)

62 - Your data is no longer yours!

67 Interesting Background on these Hindi Songs