128. Childhood Reminisces – Another Cousin Sister

This is about my younger cousin sister, who is more like a daughter😊, due to the vast age difference between us.  She had come to stay with us in Delhi when she was about 3-4 years old.  Her parents had agreed to have her stay with us and had gone back to Chennai.  She was very possessive of me during that time.  I like kids and somehow am able to entertain them by spending more time with them.  She will let me play with other kids as long as I also play with her the same game and that too at that time itself😊!!  No postponing!!

In our house in Delhi that time, we had three rooms.  First one was the hall, the 2nd one was where I used to sleep and in the third room, my parents used to sleep with my cousin.  The hall had the main door and then a very small verandah.  In this verandah was the boundary wall and an iron gate about 3 feet from the main door.  Now whenever someone used to come to our house, we will know someone is coming, as the latch in the iron gate made a sound while opening or closing. 

During morning time, before going to the office, I would be reading the newspaper and having my coffee on the dining table in the hall.  Our next door neighbour had a daughter, who was of the same age as my cousin.  Whenever this girl used to get up, she will directly come to our house, without having even brushed her teeth😊.  She will open her house’s iron gate, which will make some noise.  Then she will open our house’s gate, which was just about 5 feet from their gate.  Our house’s gate also will make a sound.  She will then open our front door, which would not have been latched, and then enter our hall.

She will come and sit on my lap while I was reading the newspaper and then try to explore what all there is in the hall to play with.  Now my cousin also knew what my neighbour’s daughter would do.  She will be sleeping in my parents’ room and will hear the iron gate door open.  She will immediately get up and come rushing to the hall and sit on my lap, and start watching the main door getting opened by my neighbour’s daughter😊.  She will be telling her contemporary that she has already taken her seat and she can sit in the sofa or some other chair, with just her face😊.  My neighbours’ daughter would come to me and will ask me to seat her in the other lap😊!!  So, I would end up seating both of them in my laps and would then be trying to read the newspaper and having coffee, all at the same time😊😊.

Now both of them will be having eye-fights as to who is closer to me😊.  If one tried to read the paper, the other would copy her.  My mother would tell my cousin to go and brush her teeth, but my cousin would not listen.  She will go only when the neighbour’s mother came to our house to pick her grandchild for brushing😊.  My cousin will keep sitting on my lap till the other girl had completely left our house and she feels that the girl is not returning anymore!!

One-time another of my cousin and her family had come to our house from Nagpur.  Their second daughter was also of the same age as my cousin who was living with us.  During that time, my cousin kept following me so that I should not lift the other girl😊.  She wanted me to lift only her and not anyone else!  Any guests coming to our place, I used to accompany them for sight-seeing.  When my cousin and her family wanted to visit Birla Mandir, I too went with them.  My younger cousin too started crying and insisted on coming with us.  She made sure that at the Birla Mandir too, I was not going to lift my other cousin’s daughter😊.

It was early 1990’s I think and we had a VCR at home.  I had purchased a VHS cassette of Best of 1989 songs and my cousin will keep seeing the songs which included Madhuri’s 1-2-3-4-5-6 from Tezaab.  Whenever I used to start for office, she will cling to me saying that I should not go.  So, I used to put the cassette for her and will ask her to see it so that I could get out from the house😊!  And after coming back, I would have to spend all the time by playing with her!!

Just the other day, she sent me a clipping from a Telugu movie song, where she, myself and my wife have been featured😊!!  You can enjoy the clip here at https://youtu.be/Nwh6r__6IXA. You can see me and my wife in the left-side bottom screen, sitting on the grass.  My cousin is the one who is singing with the hero and the heroine😊!! The movie was released in 1999, so this might be during late 1998 or early 1999.  We had gone to Kishkinta theme park in Chennai for an outing.  During that time, there was a shooting going on for a Telugu film.  They wanted a couple with a kid for a small segment in the song.  So, me, my wife and my cousin were asked to be included in the shoot😊!!  During that time, the rides were operated for around 1 minute or so only.  While shooting, the film crew asked the Giant Wheel to be operated continuously during the shoot so that they don’t have to wait for the Giant Wheel to start again.  Luckily, me and my cousin were in the Giant Wheel during that time. So, we enjoyed a non-stop ride for about 20-25 minutes😊!!  

Cheers till the next blog😊!

Today’s Observation

Love is like a football game. You score a goal sometimes, but get kicked very often😊

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras