195. Milk, Grocery and Vegetables ordering

Time for some more freebies😊!!

I used to use Bigbasket’s bbdaily app for my milk subscriptions and sometimes grocery or vegetables.  The service was excellent.  Whatever I ordered today in the app, would be delivered in my doorstep the next morning by 7am.  The only drawback, they used to charge Rs 2 for each day for delivery.  Whatever you purchased for that day, Rs 2 would be added to your bill.  So, for an extra Rs 60 (or 62 or 58 or 56 depending on the month😊) per month, you can avail their services without having to move out of your house. 

I also had the FTH Daily’s app (www.fthdaily.com) which provided similar to what BBDaily was providing.  However, they did not have the variety that BBDaily offered.  But there was no delivery charge.  You just paid what was mentioned in the app.  Also, they only service Hyderabad, Bangalore and Pune.  Recently, due to competition with Milkbasket, they have come out with an offer.  You add Rs 100 to their wallet, they will also add Rs 100 to the wallet.  You subscribe to milk from them (brands you can choose from their app).  They will refund you the amount of 7 days of milk😊, after the subscription period of 7 days!! Moreover, for the next 3 months, whatever you purchase from them (except milk items) you get 25% off!!  The amount would be credited back to the wallet after the time period!!   This offer is only for new subscribers and not for the old ones😊!!

I now use the Milkbasket app ( www.milkbasket.com ).  I had downloaded their app earlier and had tried to subscribe milk subscription as they had come up with an offer.  After installing the app and selecting my subscription, the app informed me that they don’t deliver to my colony!  I uninstalled the app immediately.

Last month, Milkbasket came to our colony and had put up a stall in the park.  I went and enquired about their offer.  Their offer was such – Add Rs 500 to the wallet, they will also add Rs 500😊!!  Subscribe to milk and get 7 days of milk free😊!!  For the next 3 months, whatever you purchase, you get 20% cashback😊!!  Till now, they have refunded me the milk cost for 7 days (1 litre milk.  FTH gives cashback only on ½ litre milk) and also the 20% on the other things that I had ordered.  So, I can confirm that this works😊!!  The delivery is done between 7 and 730am.  Everything is packed separately and then finally put in a blue cover and delivered.  They make sure that breakable items are not mixed with other items and are packed separately (unlike Bigbazar where everything is clubbed and you find some items damaged when it comes to you!  However, you can return the items back to Bigbazar and they refund the money back to your wallet). 

Since I had already downloaded their app once, my phone number was registered with them.  So, I could not use my mobile for this subscription and ended up using my wife’s mobile for the subscription😊!!  So, please check if they service your area before registering with them😊!!  Recently, Milkbasket was acquired by Reliance😊 and is now their company!!

Bigbazaar app is also a good one to have.  I had earlier used them for about 3-4 years, where I paid Rs 10,000 to them upfront and used to buy Rs 1,000 worth of goods free, for 12 months.  Every year, they also used to deposit some Rs 500, free, to my wallet, urging me to buy more😊.  Now I don’t use this option, but still, they deposit Rs 100 every 2-3 months and ask me to buy from them.  So, I use them whenever they give me free cash😊!!  Of course, the catch is that for free delivery you have to buy for Rs 500!  Else you have to go to their store and pick the stuff.  When such offer comes, I make sure I buy for Rs 500+ so that I can save on the delivery fee of Rs 50 too!

Cheers till next time😊!!

PS – I have exhausted my collection of observations.  From this blog, you get some Daffy Definitions😊 from my school/college-days collection😊!!

Daffy Definition

ETC – A word that makes people think that you know more than what you actually do😊!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras