204. Web-Series Reviews – 53

More web-series reviews…


The Widower – A three-part drama based on the crimes of convicted murderer Malcolm Webster.  Came out in 2013.

One of the reviews from IMDB...

I knew nothing about this case before watching The Widower. I found it to be compelling, yet appalling viewing. I found myself rooting actively for the victims, including speaking out loud to the second and third ones. I also found myself having very strong, visceral reactions to Webster which made me realize what a fantastic acting job Reese Shearsmith did. He was PERFECT, nailing the part of a man playing a victim himself, appealing to the empathic, care-taking natures of many women. Yes, he was charming, as Victim #2 says, and he was also smarmy. Even writing this I'm grimacing and feel like throwing something! One of the other reviews here complained that the TV version was not really like reality. Well, there often is a big difference between fiction and non-fiction. And, having read at least one article about what happened (Wikipedia) I realized that much had been left out, including Webster's involvement with several other women, and changed, for the sake of a dramatic thread in the show. I also learned that there is a book that the show was adapted from and I'd guess that anyone who wants true-to-life details should read it, including yours truly.

My Take – An interesting series!

 

Beau Sajeur – Another Belgian series! Kato, covered in blood, wakes up without any recollection of what happened the night before. Moreover, nobody seems to see or hear her. Slowly it sinks in: she's dead. Who did this to her? And how come a handful of people can still see her, as if she's among the living? Why them specifically? In her search to uncover the truth Kato will discover that a lot of secrets lie dormant under the surface of her supposedly peaceful village community.

A review from IMDB...

I really enjoyed watching this show, so much so that I stayed up til after 1am last night finishing it off and I'm a teacher who has to be at school ungodly early. I probably wouldn't have chosen to watch this on my own. I started the show after my 3-year-old got hold of the remote and put it on thinking it was something else, and when I heard the music I thought, "what kind of weird, foreign show is this?" But I turned it back on later and watched the first episode, considering it pretty interesting. I was skeptical at first of the whole undead/ghost plot and wasn't sure how to deal with it plausibly, but quickly became entrenched in the characters and really found myself enjoying each episode. I literally watched the majority of the season last night, because I could not turn it off. I kept saying, "this is the last one," and then it would be such a crazy cliffhanger, that I had to see what happened next. I actually didn't guess the killer until the very end, which I think is fantastic. There were lots of twists and turns, but even more important than plot twists was just that I thought it very good and steadily captivating. It had good acting and writing. It was dark, but I was peaceful at the end. It wasn't hokey, though it was sad. I felt settled after finishing and glad that I'd watched it.

My Take – Worth a watch!

 

India Shayari Project – A excellent series on "shayari"😊!  The review from Sakshi News...

Who would have thought that there will be a day when poetry and shayari lovers would get to see legends like Javed Akhtar Sahab, Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Kausar Munir and Zakir Khan share the same stage and narrate Shayaris, incidents and anecdotes from their lives. What felt like a dream was made into a reality that charmed one and all via ZEE Live’s Independence Day special – India Shayari Project which premiered on ZEE5. Themed around ‘celebrating poetry, celebrating freedom’ the special showcase witnessed these stellar poets shed light on some very special moments from their lives that gave fans the chance to know them up close and personal.

Having left poetry and shayari fans with ample food for thought, here’s some of the key highlights from the India Shayari Project.

Living legend Javed Akhtar Sahab shares his thoughts on the present and future of Shayari and making it accessible to the youth: With all eyes on what Javed Sahab had to say, the master wordsmith brought to light how Shayari will continue to exist till the time people are able to emote and feel. The real question however, is the manner in which it reaches out and strikes the right chord with the audience. As far as the path where Shayari is headed, he believes that despite the younger generation not being much into reading, they still consume shayari through electronic or digital mediums and India Shayari Project is also a way of making it accessible to youth.

Kausar Munir shares why she is yet to be called ‘Shayara’ and about women in poetry: Kausar Munir, the woman behind the magical lyrics like Love You Zindagi, Maana Ki Hum Yaar Nahin, Falak Tak among others believes that she is yet to be called “Shayara” as it’s a very big word and needs to be earned and she is in the process of doing that. She further adds that she doesn’t think poetry has any gender and neither is it true that she being a woman will feel more pain and emotions than a male counterpart. It’s all about the talent and it cannot be further classified into gender.

Zakir Khan talking about what a huge influence Javed Akhtar has had on his life: No prizes for guessing that Zakir Khan was in complete awe of sharing the same platform with Javed Akhtar’s, his presence and charm when the two shared the same stage at India Shayari Project. Along with sharing how excited and nervous he felt at the same time, Zakir said that he ended up clicking a picture of Javed Sahab on the sets and shared it with his father to show him what he has achieved in life - the chance to be on the stage with one of the most-recognized names in Indian poetry.

And that wasn’t all as Kumar Vishwas gave his fans a treat by narrating some of his exclusive poetry that he wrote during the lockdown. Watching him pour emotions into words so beautifully is something you certainly do not want to miss.

My Take - Don't Miss It!!  I didn’t know that Zakir also writes poetry😊!!

Cheers till next time😊

Daffy Definition

Woman – One who will doubt everything you say except compliments to herself😊!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras