63 - The Meals-on-Wheels Explained

Everyone loves to eat tasty food and more so when they don’t have to cook!  Just order from your mobile or laptop and hey presto, the food arrives at your doorstep, ready to eat!!  With so many companies giving out so many offers online, it makes sense to order online and eat, right?  You are always far away from the truth!! 😊

I also thought so and was ordering food online, well, now and then, which turns out to be once in 3-6 months or so😊.  Since I had some good offers, and wanted to try online ordering of food, I went ahead and ordered food online.  The food was good and I was happy for ordering online without having to go out and getting it.

The other day, there was a function at our place and I thought why let the ladies of the house spend time on cooking and let us order from outside. I was checking out the online prices at a well-known place in Kukatpally and had checked out the menu card.    I totaled the items that I wanted to order and the total was coming to Rs 2,500 odd. 

I was about to order it online.  Then a thought came to my mind.  It was around 7:15pm and the traffic at Kukatpally would be very heavy!  If I order online now, the food might reach me only by 830pm or so.  So, I thought, why not go there on my two-wheeler and get the food directly!  It was only a 10-minute drive from my place on the two-wheeler, even through that heavy traffic.  I can be back at home with the food by 8pm.

I went to the restaurant’s take-away section and listed out the same items that I had ticked during online checkout.  The total price came out to Rs 1950 odd, a cool 24% cheaper!!  I re-checked my list and found out that the list had the same items!!  When I found out the individual item rates, I found out that each item is cheaper at take-away when compared to the online rates.  I asked the fellow at the counter as to why is that so?  He coolly replied that the rates for ordering online is different than the one that is available for take-away! 

I came back and checked the rates of same items in different vendor websites – Swiggy, Foodpanda, Zomato etc etc.  All their rates were same and much higher than what I was charged at the restaurant’s take-away section.  Of course, you have to include the salary of the delivery boy and the petrol for his vehicle when he brings you the food!  Don’t think that the food is being delivered to you free.  This cost is added to the final bill and you end up paying for it.  And these online-food-ordering companies serve only to nearby areas.  So, they are in effect ensuring that they don’t have to spend that much on fuel!!

So, the fact of the matter is, how much are you willing to spend for ordering the food online! If you can go and pick up the food, do so as it will be much cheaper.  If you are very tired and lazy and willing to spend extra money for the same food, order it online.  But now you know that you could have got the same food at a lesser cost!! 😊

Cheers!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Collaboration – The process whereby two people create something, each thinks is his/her own!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras