89. The Dukku Chronicles😊 – 2


Welcome to the second part where we look at more incidents during my friendship with Dukku😊.

Dukku had a Hero Honda Sleek bike.  When I also decided to buy a bike, I also went for the Sleek model.  I was supposed to buy the bike on a Sunday. On Saturday morning, I called Dukku and told him that I am coming to his place to learn how to ride the bike.  He also said he will be at home only but he cannot teach. I told him, just ride the bike, I will see how you ride and learn.  We spent some half to one hour in front of his house where I learnt the bike.  Now the stretch in front of his house was long, but the width was just sufficient for 2 bikes to cross each other.  For turning the bike, I had to get down and turn the bike physically and then proceed to ride the bike.  The next day I went and purchased the bike.  On Monday morning, while going to office on the bike, I passed through the Pusa Institute.  There, while turning the bike, I just fell and broke the bike’s sign indicator!!  I had to then go to the shop the same day for repairs!!  The bike seller was simply awestruck!! He said yesterday only you bought the bike and today you have crashed it.  I told him I just learnt how to drive on straight roads and am yet to catch up on how to do turns😊😊!!

During the last year of our computer science course, we had to do a project and show it running on the computer for Practicals.  Dukku and I teamed up and we decided that we will do the train reservation project.  So, I went to Kirti Nagar ticket booking office, which was close to my place, and spoke to the train reservation operators there.  I somehow convinced them to part with their user manual on how the screens looked like in the real-life software and what all facilities are available in the actual software.  Of course, I had a letter from the Principal of my college stating that we two were participating in the college project and all help can be provided to us.

With the user manual and our computer coding knowledge we went on to write the code.  Majority of the code too was written by me as Dukku said Physics portion was very huge and he needed more time to study for it.  The project was completed and I did some 70% of the project and him doing the balance.  When the time came for the Practical exams, fortunately or unfortunately, his chance for giving the Practicals came before me☹.  Apparently as per the exam timetable, his Physics paper was before my Chemistry paper.  Hence his Practicals was held when I was appearing for my Chemistry paper.   During the Practicals, he explained the project to the Teacher and answered all her queries.  The next day, I also attended my Practicals exam and explained everything to the Teacher.  But when the marks for the Practicals came, he got a 9 and I got an 8😊☹, out of 10. He was over the moon and started telling other friends that he got more marks than me, while, I only worked on it most of the time😊!!

Cheers and more of Dukku the next time😊!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Children – Accidental by-products of human relationships!!

PS – After meeting Dukku recently, we both learned that both his and my kid are studying in the same college!! 😊😊. Moreover, they are based in the same hostel and on the same floor 😊😊!! We still have been unsuccessful, so far, in making them meet and introduce themselves to each other😊😊!! Well, tomorrow is another day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras