91. College reminiscences – 3


Hi everyone, back with more of college reminiscences, now that I have exhausted my thoughts on Dukku’s antics😊!!

I remember, that I had gone to see Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak with 2 girls from my college. Since the Chemistry exams were over before Physics, Dukku couldn’t come with us😊.  I don’t know if I remember this incident because it was the first time, I was seeing a movie with 2 girls alone, or was it because the movie was good and there was a new hero making his entry into the film world – Aamir Khan!! And of course, I did not sit in the middle seat😊😊!!  Anyways, after the movie, we three went to my house, which was walking distance from the cinema hall.  My mother made dosas for them to eat.  After that I dropped them to the bus stop, walking, and came home😊!!

During my college days, almost every week, someone from my college would be at my house for free dosas😊.  There would always be dosa batter available at my house.  If the batter would have gotten salty, then idlis would be made and served.  My mother used to make dosas or idlis for anyone who came with me from college, without tiring.  A big thanks to my Mom for this!!  Better late than never😊!!

If someone had a birthday in the class, he had to treat the rest of the friends to Dosas at South Campus canteen.  In my case, I never had to spend any money!! I would simply ask them to come home and feed them dosas with either saambhar or gun-powder, which is kind of a chilli powder. Some of my friends used to eat this gun-powder with oil, without any dosas or idlis!!  Sometimes I would take dosas for lunch to college, from my home.   I would end up exchanging my tiffin with others wherein I was able to eat North Indian food and my friends used to eat my South Indian food!! A truly win-win situation for all😊😊!!

Once Dukku and me had gone to one of my friends’s house at Noida for lunch at his house.  My friend’s mom had made the lunch. Since I was hungry, I got to get the first rotis and was also given the curry.  I thought the curry was some Paneer.  I took a small bit and started chewing it.  After some 20-30 seconds, I felt that the paneer is not dissolving in my mouth and it felt like I was chewing something like rubber😊. I called my friend and asked him what the curry was as I was not able to make it dissolve in my mouth!!  He immediately went to kitchen and asked his mom as to what she had given me. She said chicken😊😊.  He started telling his mom that I was a pure vegetarian and she had corrupted my religion😊 by giving me chicken, of course jokingly😊.  I immediately spit out the chicken and made do with daal and some other vegetable!!  That was the first and last time that I had chicken😊!! 

I remember I got the first prize for Academics during my first year of college.  No such prizes during the next 2 years😊!!  During the annual day function, I was given the certificate and some gift by the then Defence Minister of India.  While giving away the awards, I was horrified to see that he was continuously chewing on paan and distributing the prizes!!  I was wondering as to what he was thinking!!  Such an important person and chewing paan in stage and giving out prizes as if he is doing some great job!!  But then, that was Delhi and its ways😊

Cheers and more reminiscences the next week.  I thing I have material for only one more college stuff.  After that, I will be writing on my office escapades😊😊

Today’s Daffy Definition

Architect – A person who never stands below a building which he has constructed!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras