95. Interesting Encounters during Work๐Ÿ˜Š – Part 3


Another interesting incident!!

When I was working in the same company, there was a call from someone who was calling from a hotel and wanted to see our software and buy it.  I went to the hotel to meet him.  He had an office suite in the hotel which was quite big.

He said he wanted to see the software.  I started showing him the demo of the software.  While showing the demo, it seemed to me that he was not that interested in the demo.  I asked him a couple of time whether he had any questions to ask for clarifications.  He said no and asked me to continue with the demo.

After about half an hour, I told him the demo is completed and how do we proceed further.  He then asked if me Harshad Mehta was using this software.  At that time Harshad Mehta was the king of stock markets and was regularly being featured in the magazines.  Also, there were many stories floating around on his lifestyle.  And fortunately, his firm had indeed purchased 2 copies of the software.  And we were obviously using it during our sales pitch๐Ÿ˜Š!!

I told him yes and his firm was indeed using 2 copies of our software in two different divisions in the firm.  Hearing this confirmation, he just opened his cheque book and wrote me a cheque for the entire cost of the software!! 

Remember that in the last blog I had mentioned about giving a laptop free with our software.  There was another incident wherein one of my customers, who already was using our software, ordered one software for the company that he was working in, so that he could use the laptop for his own purposes!! Of course, since he was the VP Finance in his company, his department did need the software.  Luckily for him, he could now become the proud owner of a laptop๐Ÿ˜Š!!

There was one more incident.  One of my colleagues sold the software to one client.  Now, since the database size was big, the entire software did not fit into the laptop!!  This customer had only the laptop to use the software and was not able to do so.  He called my colleague to complain about this.  Now this colleague was simply a sales guy whose aim in life was to sell and move forward๐Ÿ˜Š.  He began avoiding the customer calls and the matter got escalated to top management.  The situation became such that when I talked to the customer on phone, he was shouting that he will shoot my colleague for not responding to his calls and selling him something that cannot be used.  My colleague advised me not to visit the customer as I was sure that get a sure-shot beating๐Ÿ˜Š from the customer if I went to his office. 

I called the customer and said I will visit him and will sort out his issue.  Even though he said he was not interested to meet and he will see my company in court, I went to his office.  Now this customer was retired and was around 60+ years of age.  He had retired and had opened his own investment office for his own and his clients’ investments.  I was able to pacify him and told that the laptops that were coming did not come with higher storage space and this was the highest configuration available.  He then asked then why were we offering the laptop with our software if we could not fit it in the laptop.  I then explained that we cannot cut the database size as more and more companies were listing on the stock exchange and we had to cover all the companies.  I advised him to invest in another desktop machine and use the software there.  He can use the laptop for his other work in office and at home.  He got convinced but told me that I have to ensure that he never sees my colleague again else he will beat the guy black and blue๐Ÿ˜Š!!

Today’s Daffy Definition
News – A device for amusing one half of the world with the other half’s troubles!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras