96. Interesting Encounters during Work😊 – Part 4


I had one customer who was using our software.  One day he called me to his office and ordered another copy of the software.  I asked him as to why he is buying another copy when he was using one already.  He said it is for someone else and refused to tell me who that was.  He said the person does not want to identify himself and all the communication will be routed through him.  The order was placed on his name. After the order was placed and the payment collected, I asked him where to install the software.  He asked me to come after 2 days and he will tell me where to install.

After 2 days when I went to meet him, he showed a laptop and said I can install it there.  I installed the software and asked him about the training.  He said he will take care of it. I left it at that.

After one week he said the person who is using the software wants training on the product.  I told him I can come to his office tomorrow and train the person.  He said not at his office and gave me the name of the person and the address where I was to go and provide the training.  This person was the daughter of the one of the biggest corporates in Delhi at that time.  Some hints… during that time, there was a range of kitchen appliance that was launched with her and her brother’s name.  Later on, this family became related to one of the biggest stars of the Bollywood industry😊. 

She was staying in a flat and I was told to go there and train her.  I went and met her and trained her on the software.  After half an hour she said she has got the hang of it and told me she will get in touch me through my customer, in case she needed more training.

After a week my customer called me and told me that the person wanted more training and can the training be done through a phone call.  I told him I can do that.  After 2-3 days, I was on the phone call with her for about 1 hour or so, training her on the product.  She was on her computer and me on my computer, and I asking her to match my keystrokes and mouse clicks.  During this concall, my MD, who had just come from Mumbai, walked into the room.  I indicated to him that I was on a call with a client and providing training.  He asked me to carry on and just sat there watching my training session.  After half an hour I concluded the session.  He asked me who the client was and I told him the name.  He asked whether I give the same training to all clients like that😊.  I told him yes and explained that only if they use the software extensively will they talk about the software and we can get more sales😊. He then told me that more than half of the features of the software, that I was demonstrating, he himself was not aware that it can be done through the software😊😊!!

Later on, I came to know that I am getting featured in the office magazine, just because of my training skills😊 and of course selling skills!! This is the clipping that came in the magazine😊

There was a colleague at office who used to name our company whenever she picked up the call.  Whenever I used to call the office and she picked up, I will tell her that I know this is the company’s office and that is why I am calling😊.  After a couple of days, she stopped mentioning the company’s name and stuck to just saying Hello while receiving calls😊!!

With this I have exhausted interesting anecdotes from my office recollections!!  Next 2 blogs would be light-reading and focusing on Bollywood!! After those blogs, I will be writing on some interesting anecdotes that happened to me whenever I attended any interviews😊, be it for career or jobs😊!!

Happy reading and Cheers!!

Today’s Daffy Definition
Cyclostyle – Style of cycling!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras