51 - Coping with the Accident


One really feels very bored when you are faced with the prospect of having to be bed-ridden for a period of more than 2 months!!  If you have very busy life meeting various deadlines, it gives you some time to take a breath and enjoy your period of rest.  But when one is already enjoying life with no tension at all, you have to think of various ways to make use of this period so that one does not end up being bored 😊

During the initial week or so, it was more of how to reduce the pain in the leg by sitting in the recliner in a way to minimize the pain.  Or even lie down in the bed so that pain was endurable.  Once the pain started declining, I began to look around for options to while away the time. I couldn’t go out, so watching movies in theater was a no-no.  The 4 movie tickets that I get for free in a month was given to my Jijaji in Nagpur.  I booked the ticket from here and sent it to him on WhatsApp!!  He just showed the message to the theater and they allowed him in!!

I already had a collection of some movies not yet seen.  I began watching it.  I would have seen around 20-30 movies in this period.  Later I shifted to reading and began to explore authors of detective/thriller stories. I came across an author called Michael Connelly.  I found out that he had written some 31 books so far and in most of them there was a detective names Heironymous aka Harry Bosch.  I read all the books.  The books are good.  Once I completed 3-4 books, I was hooked into completing the entire series.  Later my cousin told me that he is seeing a series called Bosch in Amazon Prime.  On Googling, I found it to be the same Bosch!!  I went to Amazon Prime and finished all the 3 seasons that had released so far!!  Some 30 episodes, each of 45 minutes or so.  The 4th season begins this month 😊

Also, there were lots of cricket matches on TV.  I saw all the Indian Women’s cricket with Australia and England.  In case there was no TV coverage or my cable TV did not have the channel, I saw those matches live on SonyLiv or Hotstar app.  Then India-Sri Lanka cricket started.  Then I saw the South Africa-Australia series.  And for the past one week or so, it is the IPL.  Just before the Commonwealth games stared, I switched one of my Dish connection from Videocon to Airtel as they were giving all the sports channels at the same price of my Videocon connection.  I still have 2 more connections of Videocon as my mother wants to continue with it.  Apparently, Videocon is the only vendor who is giving some 40 Tamil channels.

With the Airtel connection, I have enjoyed the entire Commonwealth Games right from the opening ceremony.  From 10am to 5pm or so, for the past 2 weeks, I have sat before the TV enjoying the Games.  With the Games having ended on Sunday, I have to again shift to reading.  I have a stock of some 130 detective books belonging to authors John Connolly, Patricia Cornwell, Robert Crais, John D MacDonald, Henning Mankell, Robert Parker and Louise Penny!! 

Two more weeks to go before I can start walking on my two legs again, hopefully with any issue😊.  With the books and IPL, I should be able to while away the next two weeks easily.  The Doctor has prescribed the physiotherapy exercises till end-August.  So hopefully, by that time, I should be able to RUN again!! The definition mentioned below, is apt for today’s blog 😊😊

Cheers!! Until the next blog…..

Today’s Daffy Definition

Bore – Somebody, who, when you ask him how he is, tells you 😊😊

PS – Bosch Season 4 with 10 episodes out.  Completed seeing 7 last night, along with IPL. Balance 3 to be finished today😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras