86 - College reminiscences - 1


After a grand reunion with my college-mates during the early part of this month, I was trying to remember various incidents that happened during my college times.  Some of them, I had shared with my friends during the reunion.  Others came to me in bits and pieces and other friends also helped me out in remembering the incidents.  So, the first thing I made is the list of incidents so that I don’t forget it when I sit down to write the blogs😊!!  In the next few blogs, I will describe the incidents that happened.  As usual, there will be some masala thrown in to make the incident seem witty, although it might not have been witty at that particular point of time😊!!

I studied at the Motilal Nehru College in South Campus in Delhi.  After joining the college only, it was dawned that the college was filled with undesirable elements whose only aim in life to make the situation miserable for others!!  But as long as you kept to yourself and are with your friends, nothing will happen to you😊.  Just avoid them at any cost and you can safely while away your three years in the college!! 

With the marks that I got in my 12th class, which was considered good as per my family history, I took admission in B.Sc (General) with Computer Science.  This was the 3rd year of the college starting the Computer Science course and we had seniors in the 2nd and the 3rd year.  The Chemistry, Maths and English classes were combined with the B.Sc course so that I could make friends within the Computer Science department as well as the B.Sc department.  And of course, you had to make friends with the Computer Science department seniors as they would help you in getting previous year question papers and also clarify your doubts, in case you were serious in studies in the college😊!!

For the first two years, our college was operating out of a school building.  In the third year, we moved to a brand-new building which was a palace when compared to our old building!!  Since I was in the Computer Science course, we were allowed to visit the computer room whenever we felt like.  That was a big plus as that was the only room in the whole college that had air-conditioners😊.  Sometimes we will have our friends from the common courses come to meet us to call us out for going out of college for tea or snacks.  That way they too would enjoy the A/c of the room, for a little bit.  Sometimes it would have been pre-arranged that they will come to the room and we should ask them to wait till we finish whatever we were doing😊!!  That way they can enjoy the A/c for some more time😊.  And of course, every time a different friend would come so that everyone can enjoy the A/c😊.

We had a team of 9 friends in our group – 7 from the General and 2 from the Computer department.  In subsequent blogs, I believe I can write a full blog on this second gentleman from the Computer Science department, the other one being me😊.  Us 9 friends also had our Group name coined by me.  The name was JATS.  Our college was populated mainly by Jats.  So, this name was found to be apt.  Of course, it was an acronym😊!!  The full form was Joint Association of Trouble Shooters!!  Obviously, knowing the kind of people our college was famous for, we did not popularise the group and it was popular only between us 9 friends😊!!

I had some friends in the Computers department too, but somehow, they did not click with the General students and I and my other Computer colleague became sort of a bridge between the two groups of friends.

From my next blog, do join me as I relive my college days and take you out for a fascinating nostalgic trip😊!!

Cheers!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Milkman – Supplier of impure, white colored water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras