85 - College Reunion after 29 Years!!


It all started with a photograph sent to me by one of my school friends.  She sent the photo of a guy and 5 girls to me and asked whether I know of a girl called X. I took a casual look at the photo and said no and that I was unable to remember any girl called X in our school, although 3-4 girls looked like I knew them from somewhere!!  When she said X in the college, I quickly scanned the faces again in the photo and recognized X.  My friend said she had met these guys and had shared my number with X.  She also sent me X’s number.

I talked to X and added her to our WhatsApp group that I had created last month when I had a reunion with 4 more of my college mates!!  During the next 3-4 days we were able to get another 8 of our college mates through linked-in and other contacts.  It was found that about 11 of them were in Delhi at that time and it was decided to meet on 5th August at a suitable venue.  I too decided that I should also visit Delhi on that day as you never know when such an opportunity can come again.  Unfortunately, one person had to travel outside India, one got injured in his foot, one was now based out of London and one more got busy in his office work!!  So, we 9 people met and had a memorable get-together.

We were meeting each other after a long gap of 29 years!!  Of course, a couple of them, I was in touch with over the years, but the rest were all ancient memories!!  We had a good time together.  It was decided that each one would tell his or her story after they left college and what they did during those years, till date.  Since I was talking and laughing the most during the initial chitchat, I was told that my time would be the last one!!  Following is the summary of what everyone did with their life (Thanks to Manoj for a post, from which I have extrapolated this😊)

The one who left in the 2nd year of the college for her marriage (although she came back and completed her graduation), is now a School Principal!! 
The Maths topper now sells pipes for a living!!
The tallest and the smartest looking guy in our class works in a multinational and handles credit cards!!
The person who was a Yamaha RX-100 freak now handles IT for a multinational logistics chain!!
The tomboyish girl now handles customer “Success” in a Technology multinational based out of US!!
The guy who used to do dumbbell is now a lean fellow and has his own teaching institute!!
The one who was studious now does financial planning (don’t ask the client list😊)!!
The girl who never talked in the college turned out to be having an opinion on everything now!!
The thinnest guy is now a MD of a multinational but need to start remembering things that happened just a while back!!

And as usual, after the meet, I made a funny-but-enjoyable video of the photos taken during the meet and shared with the group.  And as usual, people said they liked it also😊

It was a very nice gathering and we all look forward to increasing the team by finding out more of our old college-mates.  And hopefully, next time, we will have more people joining in for the next get-together.

Cheers till next time!

Today’s Daffy Definition

College – A place where some pursue learning and others learn pursuing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras