88 - The Dukku Chronicles😀 - 1


As indicated earlier, the next couple of blogs are dedicated to my dear friend, Dukku.    There are tons of stuff to write about him that it will definitely take more that 1-2 blogs to write about him😊!!

I don’t know how the name Dukku came up!  If I remember correctly one of our friends from the General class had started calling him like that and it stuck.  Dukku had Physics as one of the subjects in the B.Sc Computer Science course and I had Chemistry instead of Physics in my course.  So, for all other subjects we were attending classes together and were also sitting together.  By the way, there were 3 girls in our Computer Science class who were admired in the entire college!!  Fortunately, all these girls opted for Chemistry as their subject instead of Physics😊. Dukku always used to feel sad about this😊😊!!


Recreating the olden days😊😊 – 31 years gap!!

Dukku and I were going out with 2 of these girls for movies and lunches outside the college on a regular basis, whenever there was a strike in the college or if there were free periods.  Once we both had gone with them to a restaurant.  They had gone to the washroom.  One of the senior guys from our college came and sat down with us.  He pointed to Dukku and started threatening him in chaste Haryanvi accent. He told him not to roam around with these girls and concentrate on studies😊.  He also said in case he finds it different then it will not be good for Dukku😊.  Apparently, he was threatening only Dukku.  I was sitting there nonchalantly and seem to be admiring the food that had come to my plate😊.  Maybe the guy thought that since I was a South Indian, I will not be daring to do such things and am just accompanying my friend!!  After the guy went off, our friends came and we had our food, and went back to the college!! I don’t think we stopped such outings, but we are always looking over our shoulder whenever we went out with them😊!!

Since he was called Dukku, I had an issue with the spelling as I had started publishing some messages on him in Times of India that time.  I had earlier published his name as Ducku.  But later I came to know that the acronym Ducku was already there!! It was Delhi Union College Karamchari Union😊!!!  Only when they went on strike did I come to know about them.  The I also shifted to writing Dukku for his name.  See a couple of messages on Dukku that I was able to get published!!
Dukku shares his birthdate with one of my cousins.  Both were born on the same day and the same year!!  Whenever I used to visit my cousin, I also used to visit Dukku’s house.  My cousin was living that time at a place called Katwaria Sarai, which was basically a village and my friend was staying at Qutab Enclave in flats.  It was just a 4-5 minute walk between the two houses.  I used to tease him saying that he also lives in Katwaria Sarai and he used to get offended and emphasise that it was Qutab Enclave!!

Cheers and more of Dukku the next time😊!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Husband – One who lays down the laws to his wife and accepts all her amendments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras