100. Time spent with my Mother-in-Law 😊😊 – Part 3


Another blog on this subject with food being the main topic😊!!

Sometimes my mother-in-law would sleep till 930am or so.  By the time she got up, my daughter would have gone to school and my wife would have left for her office.  She will come to the hall and sit.  I will ask her if she wants coffee.  She will say yes. Then I will make coffee for her and give to her.  Apparently, she had told my wife that I make coffee better than my wife😊.  

I make my own breakfast and was making my mother-in-law’s breakfast too during these 2 months😊.  Mostly it would be either dosa or poha.  I know how to make both of them!  By the way, poha is an instant one where one just needs to add boiling water to the poha mix and mix it well😊😊!!  Only on weekends, my wife would be making the breakfast for her mother!!  Sometimes she will make some other breakfast and I will then have to heat it up and serve it for myself and my mother-in-law, if it is done on a weekday!!

Usually before eating breakfast I will provide her with hers and then have mine.  Sometimes she will be in her room and she will get served her breakfast there itself!!  Most of the times, she will be sleeping (even though she would have got up earlier) and I would wake her up and give her the breakfast plate.  

Usually I eat my lunch at around 2pm, after taking a bath.  I had told my mother-in-law earlier that she need not wait for me to come to eat and she can eat before me.  But, as usual for mothers and wives, she will not eat until I have had my lunch.  Over the years I have made sure that my mother and wife don’t wait for me to have their dinner.  But I think 2 months is a very short time to teach this to my mother-in-law😊😊!!

For lunch, my wife would have cooked the sambar and the curry in the morning itself, before leaving for office.  I will just cook the rice in the afternoon.  I will also be heating up the sambar and curry and will keep the food in buffet-style in the kitchen.  My mother-in-law would go in the kitchen and take whatever she wanted.  Mostly she will wait till I get my plate filled and then she will fill hers😊!!

Both of us would be sitting at the dining table and eating our lunch on a daily basis, on the opposite sides of the table😊!!  Since I will be finishing first, I will then open my laptop and would do my work.  I will wait till she finishes her food and goes for washing her hands.  I will then go to the kitchen and clean it.  Sometimes I will be engrossed in something in my work that I would forget to see that she has finished her meals.  She would see that I was working and will go to the kitchen and clean it herself😊!!

Mostly in the evenings, she would want coffee.  By that time, my daughter would be back from school and I will ask her to make it.  Since she is a diabetic, she had been provided a box full of Marie biscuits by my wife which she would be eating on a regular basis. When the biscuits ended, she will go to the kitchen and again fill her box.  

Dinner used to be handled by my wife!  Overall it was a different but pleasant experience during my mother-in-law’s stay at our place!!  With this blog, this topic gets over and we move on to the various incidents that happened to me during my interview days😊😊

Cheers till then!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Politician – Someone who can borrow Rs 200, pay back Rs 100 and declares that you are even because you both lost Rs 100!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras