99. Time spent with my Mother-in-Law 😊😊 – Part 2


Another blog on this subject😊

Once my wife told her mother that she is sleeping while writing or watching TV and she should not do that.  She should lie down and then sleep, else she might fall down.  Her mother flatly refused and said she was not sleeping and was in fact doing something.  Next time, my wife told her mother that her son-in-law was saying that she was sleeping while writing or watching TV and she should stop doing other things and then go to sleep.  For this her mother said, if my son-in-law is saying this, then this must be true😊😊!!

On a daily basis, I will be doing exercise by walking in the hall for about an hour.  The total distance one-way is about 14 meters and I keep walking this distance to-and-fro.  There are two “stretches” in this “track” where the space is restricted so that only one person can pass through this track.  In one place there are sofas and the recliner while at the other place, there is a showcase.  When I am doing this walking, sometimes my mother-in-law would want to use this “track” to reach either the kitchen to take water or come to the hall to see the time or come to hall for sitting so that she could drink coffee.  Since I will be walking faster, she will patiently wait for me to go pass her and then she will amble across that “stretch”.  She will again patiently wait in the 2nd stretch so that I cross that stretch and then she could cross it😊.  Sometimes, she will be so slow that I would take a U-turn at the “stretch” itself so that I can keep walking without having to slow down my speed, while she would be crossing the stretch at her own leisurely place😊!  This always remined me of the actor, Mr Bean, who found himself in this situation while climbing down a staircase😊. Enjoy the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwCj-GPel0. Of course, I being a humble man, could not even think of all the antics being done by Mr Bean in this clip😊😊!!

On an everyday basis, she would be found sitting in the sewing machine in the afternoons and driving the machine with her legs.  After about a month, I asked my wife as to how much her mother was sewing and whether she needs an extra bag to carry back everything she has stitched!!  My wife said she has stitched only a couple of blouses by that time!!  Since she is old, she is apparently working at her own pace!!  Sometimes my wife would give some clothes to her mother for re-stitching and altering it.  Every day, after coming from office, my wife will ask her mother if she had completed the work.  Her mother would say she will do it the next day!!  Seeing this, I also gave her one of my pants for altering.  She completed the altering the same day and came out from her room to the hall to give me the altered pant😊.  Son-in-law always gets the preferential treatment😊😊!!

She is also into designing😉!!  Once she stitched a blouse with one shoulder with a different cloth!!  When my wife asked her about that, she said the cloth was over, so she used some other cloth to finish the blouse😊!!  She also said, anyways she is not going out and is going to be inside the house only.  So why bother about it😊!!

I have a WhatsApp group with my wife’s family. It consists of my wife, her brothers and their wives.  As is usual of my nature, I used to click my mother-in-law sleeping in her usual pose; lights and TV on, her hands posing over the diary and she leaning to one side and sleeping; and send it in the group😊.  Only one of her sons would respond with a smiley or liking that photo.  Other will just keep quiet!!  Since I am their sister’s husband, it seems all is fair with whatever I do😊😊!!

The encounters with my mother-in-law come to an end in the next blog😊😊!!

Cheers!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Family – A group of people, no two of them like breakfast eggs cooked the same way!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras