114. Celebrations on completing 50 years!!


I celebrated my completion of 50 years in this world, last week😊.

It was quite a hectic day from the morning itself.  Usually I call about 283 people on a yearly basis on their birthdays and anniversaries😊.  And usually I receive calls or messages from about 15-20 of them on my special days.  Yes, yes, it happens😊.  But I keep on “lage raho” by calling them regularly.  Of course, during the past year, I have dropped some 30 of them.  The 283 number is the present number whom I call.  And I now have more people whom I will be including in this list.  So, by this year-end the number might touch 300 again😊!!

This year, I got a whopping 52 calls and 19 messages😊.  The greetings stared one day before when 2 of my relatives called up.  I had to tell them that they have called early and there are still 24 hours before I celebrate😊. 

Two days before, my wife had asked me to book a hotel for lunch on my birthday.  I had asked her how many people would come. She said book for 15 people.  I thought maybe it would be our relatives and friends from Hyderabad itself who would come for the party.  Accordingly, I booked a hotel with good food comprising of authentic Punjabi dishes.  Later on the day, we found out that one of their chefs had come from Amritsar that morning and we were able to savor his cooking😊!!

On the morning of my birthday, I was reading the day’s newspaper on my computer.  The calling-bell rang and my mother went to open the door.  I thought it would be the milkman.  Suddenly I heard him talking in Tamil to my mother. I turned and saw one of my best school friends, Subbu, talking to my mother!!  He had been specially called by my wife for the occasion and he had accepted it without informing me😊.  He had come from Chennai for just a day to celebrate my special occasion!!

Another one of my best school friends, Hari, sent me a WhatsApp message wishing me. I blasted him by WhatsApp-ing saying that he has become so busy that he cannot even call and wish.  He said he was in Delhi airport and cannot call as there was lot of noise there.  He said he will call once he reached Chennai.  I left it at that.  Imagine my surprise when he landed up at the party venue😊.  He had come from Delhi and was catching the evening flight to Chennai after attending my party!! 

Another of my schoolmate, Jyoti, lives in Hyderabad.  My wife had called her too for the party.  Later only I got to know that she was the one who got the cake that I cut in the party😊.  Thanks to all these three friends who really made my day, that day!!  These are the 3 school friends that came for the party!! Except one, the other two have already crossed 50!!
And these are the people who graciously came for the party😊.
Later in the evening, rounded off the special day by watching “Jawaani Jaaneman” with my wife😊 in a theatre nearby.

Thanks to my wife, I had a wonderful time that day.  Through her efforts, my friends were able to come for the occasion.  One of my other best friends, Sashi, could not make it as his daughter is in 12th class and he was busy monitoring her studies😊.

All in all, a wonderful day and a party to really sum-up the 50 years of my life!!  Dedicated to wife for the invites and to my friends for accepting it😊😊!!  Proud of all of them!!

Cheers!!

Today’s Daffy Definition

Television – A lot of people with nothing to do watching a lot of people do it!!

Comments

  1. Wow, Sesh, that was wondreful. Wishing you another golden 50 and tons of reasons to cheer and be happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras