6 Activity List Tracker

Let me tell you about the way I keep track of my “activities” on a daily basis.  Here “activities” mean what I will be doing for the day and what are my plans for the next day/week. Nowadays there are various kinds of reminder service that is available to keep track of your activities. I find some of them useful, but what I really like is the simple Notepad that comes with Windows!! 

If you ask me what I did on 15th February 2011, I will be able to tell you exactly what I did on that day.  Well, not all the activities, but the major ones that I did on that day. I write (type) down all the activities that I do on a particular day and also write (type) down what I plan to do in the coming days/week.  I am having the records of my activities done from 2006 onward😊. Check out the filenames in the screenshot below.





















There is no great technique here.  It is a simple Notepad application and my entries on the first 3 days of December 2010 looked like the one in the picture below: -


 

Of course, the file opens with dates in descending order as I want today's things-to-do list to come on first.😊When I am on the computer, this activity file will always be open.  If there is any conversation or I get any mail for future task, I update the activity file instantly so that I don’t forget.  And I don’t use any hi-fi words for understanding.  Just simple words mentioning the work to be done, and also that convey to me what is to be done. 

In case I have to go out of town, the entries would show what time I have to order a cab to reach the airport/station on time, what dates and times are the meetings there.  If I need to visit some relatives or friends in that town, that too will find a mention.  In case I am not travelling with the computer, I take a screenshot in my mobile, for the activities for the next few days. 

Normally for the next day’s activities, I sit down in the evening and add activities in the list.  Else, the next day morning, when I am reading newspaper, I type the activities in my mobile (the app “Keep”
 in Android) and then forward that note to my mail id.

For activities that I do not do that day, I cut it from that day’s list and copy it to next day’s activities list.  It goes on like this till it is done😊.

Do let me know in case you have any queries in following this.  Just mention it in the comments section below or ping me directly.  Happy Tracking!! Cheers!!

PS – I was in Mumbai for some meetings with clients on 15th February 2011!!

Today’s daffy definition

Mint – The only business that makes money without advertising!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras