9 How to watch movies for free with your Credit Card

This is applicable only in India.  I am not aware of other countries😊

Nowadays, there are lots of credit cards to choose from and each has its own offers to entice customers.  I have been using credit cards since 1995 or so.  I remember the first time I bought a credit card.  I paid Rs 750 for it and got a free VSNL email id and Audio Cassette of Hindi film songs!!  I don’t remember now if the payment was for the email account and the card came free or vice versa!!

After that payment, I have never paid any amount as annual subscription or for that matter any payment for other credit card procurements.  The trick here is not to keep any outstanding on the card.  Pay up the entire amount before the due date.  This will help you create a healthy credit score and you can attract other card companies to give you free credit cards.

In the last 2 years, I have got 2 cards that help me watch movies for free, every month.  Each of them gives me 2 BookMyShow vouchers of Rs 250 each per month. So in effect, I get 4 movie tickets worth Rs 1,000/- every month.  Since I am a movie buff and see at least 5-6 movies a month (conservative side), these cards help me save money and make it easy on my pocket!!

First card is the SBI Elite Card.  You have to pay Rs 5,000 to get this card.  For this amount, they will give you vouchers from 2-3 superstores, from where you can buy for Rs 5,000.  Choose this card just before some festival.  Buy your dresses with the vouchers.  That way you are not spending anything extra as you normally would be spending this much on clothes or other things during the festival for the family😊

Use it for one year and discard it as the renewal fee is also Rs 5,000. At renewal time they won’t give you any vouchers.  Of course, if you have spent a lot on the card the previous year and have sufficient points to take care of the renewal fees, then go for it.  If not, discard it and next year, apply in your spouse’s name😊

Second is the RBL Bank Movies and More Credit Card.  They charge you Rs 1,000 for the card.  They then send you Rs 1,000 worth of BookMyShow vouchers that can be used to purchase 4 movie tickets.  Every month they provide you 1 movie ticket voucher worth Rs 250 if your last month expenses were more than Rs 10,000 on the card and 2 movie ticket vouchers worth Rs 250 each, if it were more than Rs 15,000.   For renewal, in case you have spent more than Rs 1.5 lakhs the previous year, the annual fee is waived off.

For those of you who watch movies in theatres regularly, go for one of these cards and use it to pay for your movie tickets!! Do all the shopping on the cards and ensure you pay the credit card bill in its entirety and not carry forward!!

Happy Movie Watching!! Cheers!!

PS – I have not been paid by anyone for writing on these cards.  I use them personally and am just sharing the “savings” part!!

Today’s daffy definition

Dancing – The art of pulling up your feet faster than your partner can step on them!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras