2 Birthday and Anniversary Wishes

For married people, there are 2 days in a year that they don’t mind being wished on.  First is their birth, on which they had no control!!  Second is their marriage anniversary, which over a period of time, they wished they had a control on!!  For the unmarried, they want the entire world to wish them on their birthdays!!

All the people that I wish on their birthday or anniversary day are very happy on receiving my call. At least, I think so😊.  In fact, some of them call me in the evening to check my well-being, if I have not called them in the morning to wish.  I have a hunch that some of them think, oh oh not again his call😊!!

In a year, I wish 236 people on 146 calendar days.  Yes, you read that right😊.  This includes birthday and anniversaries.  For anniversaries, I wish both the husband and the wife. Hopefully over a period of time, at least one number will touch 365!!  The list of people includes family, relatives and friends.  And if I have not wished you anytime, please feel free to drop a mail to me at seshjaya@gmail.com with your celebration day(s) and your photo. Include your spouse photo too, if you are married!

No No No…. I am not Mrs Shankuntala Devi to remember such a lot of info!!!  As you age, you come up with new techniques of remembering things.  This is what I have done.  I create a calendar during November of the previous year.  In the calendar, I paste (not actual pasting, digital pasting) the person’s photograph on his/her birthday.  In case 2 or more people celebrate their occasion on a single day, I paste one person or couple’s photograph (for anniversary) and write the names of the others on the photograph at the bottom.  Check out the snap below for this month details.


Every morning I check the calendar and wish the people.  Please note, I do not WhatsApp the wish!! I CALL them either through the phone, if they are in India or through other messaging services, if they are abroad.  After all it costs next to nothing for a call.  If you really want to wish the person, just call them instead of typing out the message.

Simply use the above technique and start becoming popular among your family and friends!!  It definitely worked for me!!  Do post your comments below in case you saw a change in the behavior of your family/relatives/friends on using this technique!!  Cheers!!

Today’s daffy definition

Indigestion – Failure to adjust a square meal into a round stomach!!

Comments

  1. It is very thoughtful of you to convey your greetings over phone. Digital communications are fast but lack warmth. A phone call may not be the perfect substitute for a handwritten letter which has disappeared , but it is far better than the cold and perfunctory cyber-conversations which dominate social interactions.A birthday greeting is twice blessed. It channelizes the socializing inclinations of the greeter and makes the greeted happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog Beginning!!

167. Ramanarayanam Temple, Vizianagaram

1 WhatsAppa Mantras